Vancouver Big Cubes Open 2019
- Aug 23 - 24, 2019
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- 6133 University Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
The competition will be held in AMS Great Hall South on the 2nd Floor of the Nest.
- Liew Yee Voon (劉倚文)
- WCA Delegates
- Anthony Brooks and Kevin Matthews
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- The events 4x4x4 Blindfolded and 5x5x5 Blindfolded ("big cube BLD") will be held Friday evening, and these are the only events on Friday.
- If you are only competing in sighted (non-blindfolded) events, then you only need to come on Satuday.
- If you are competing on Friday, then you must finish competing in 4x4x4 Blindfolded before competing in 5x5x5 Blindfolded, and we would appreciate it if you could help us setup all the tables and chairs before/after these events.
- The cumulative time limit for 4x4x4 Blindfolded and 5x5x5 Blindfolded may be adjusted down to 2 hours, depending on how many competitors register for these events. If this is the case, affected competitors will be notified by email before the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (Canadian Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Sameer Aggarwal||6.67||7.91||United States||9.68||8.44||6.67||7.37||7.91|
|5x5x5 Cube||Kevin Hays||42.36||47.91||United States||51.54||43.98||48.22||55.24||42.36|
|6x6x6 Cube||Paris Dorn||1:41.25||1:45.87||Canada||1:48.80||1:41.25||1:47.55|
|7x7x7 Cube||Luke Tycksen||2:29.48||2:37.08||United States||2:47.18||2:34.59||2:29.48|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Luke Tycksen||10.87||12.65||United States||10.87||12.48||12.11||13.35||14.92|
|Square-1||Aiden Bartlett||7.16||7.76||United States||7.60||8.19||7.16||7.50||DNF|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Kevin Matthews||4:56.35||DNF||Canada||4:56.35||DNF||DNF|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Max Siauw||12:15.00||DNF||United States||15:09.00||DNF||12:15.00|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 8:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||2:30:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||2:30:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final **|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue AMS Student Nest, UBC.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Vancouver.
Schedule for Friday (August 23, 2019)
Schedule for Saturday (August 24, 2019)
Parking information can be found here. The parking rate is at most $8 on weekends.
We are very delighted to have CANCube sponsoring the prizes for the competition!
Prizes (for each event):
First place: $20 gift card
Second place: $15 gift card
Third place: $10 gift card
If you're a first-timer, you're automatically eligible for a mystery gift prize draw!
All volunteers who helped out in this competition are also eligible for raffle draw of CANCube gift cards! There are four gift cards up for grab!
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.