UIUC Fall 2019
- Dec 1, 2019
- Urbana, Illinois, United States
- 1401 W Green St, Urbana, IL 61801
First floor, Illini Rooms A and B
- Edward Vakula and SeungBeom Cho (조승범)
- WCA Delegate
- Joshua Feran
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Registration for current UIUC students is free. Contact us with your illinois.edu email after registration.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 120 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $12 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 90% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Brian Johnson||6.87||7.51||United States||8.16||8.68||7.16||7.22||6.87|
|2x2x2 Cube||Brian Johnson||1.49||1.67||United States||1.68||1.50||1.49||1.84||6.72|
|4x4x4 Cube||SeungBeom Cho (조승범)||27.33||31.66||Republic of Korea||31.36||27.33||35.58||31.42||32.20|
|6x6x6 Cube||SeungBeom Cho (조승범)||1:54.67||2:00.05||Republic of Korea||1:54.67||2:07.74||1:57.73|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||SeungBeom Cho (조승범)||11.27||12.65||Republic of Korea||12.97||11.94||15.23||11.27||13.03|
|Pyraminx||Brian Johnson||2.40||4.18||United States||2.40||6.97||5.10||3.63||3.81|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 42 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||6:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Illini Union.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Schedule for Sunday (December 01, 2019)
- We are excited you are considering UIUC Fall 2019 as your first competition! This is a great one to start with and will have competitors of all ages!
- We encourage first time competitors to test out the timing equipment before your first attempt, feel free to ask a staff member how competing works. Before the competition, you can watch this great video made by WCA Senior Delegate for USA & Canada Kit Clement with the basics of how it all works. There is also this written tutorial on the WCA website that is very helpful.
- The competitors will be split up into groups for competing. You will be assigned a group and you'll be informed of your group number for each event before the competition. On the day of the competition when your group number is called you bring your puzzle up and put it in the box that has a scorecard with your name on it and wait in the competitor waiting area until your name is called.
- It's a good idea to arrive before the scheduled time for your event because if you are not there for the last call you might not be allowed to compete.
- Read the "All Competitors" information below.
- Be familiar with the WCA Regulations specifically Article 2 and Article A
- We are going to need all the help we can get from volunteer judges throughout the day to make the competition run well. You may judge in any group you are not competing in and it is greatly appreciated! If you do not know how to judge all of the staff members are more than happy to teach you. Parents are welcome to judge too, it's a great way to get a new experience at your child's event!
- Flash photography is not allowed because it is very distracting to people while they are solving.
- You may NOT talk about the scrambles of an event while it is still in progress.
- Make sure all screens of any cameras or phones you have on the table are facing away from you otherwise this will result in a DNF
- Please treat the venue with respect, pick up any trash keep track of your puzzles.
- We will do our best to retain the cutoffs and time limits as listed. The organizers/delegate reserve the right to make the limits stricter ahead of an event only as needed to maintain the schedule. Any changes will be announced ahead of their respective rounds.
There are free parking options around the venue. We would recommend parking lots B1, B7, D1, and D2. Other options include A3, A9, C3, and D6. You can find the parking map and more parking information here: https://union.illinois.edu/visit/parking-and-directions
Lunch will NOT be provided at the compeition. However, there are plenty of dining options in close proximity to the venue:
- Green St
- Panda Express
- Panera Bread
- Noodles and Company
- And much more!
Note: Outside food will NOT be allowed to be brought into the venue.
TheCubicle.com will be sponsoring this competition! Check them out for all of your cubing needs
Interested in helping out the competition? Apply here!
Live results during the competition can be found here https://live.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/UIUCFall2019
Here you can see what groups you will be competing in for each event https://drive.google.com/file/d/11GIzz7SR-ELHX3k2-7caEl6vA4aa95Qy/view?usp=sharing
This is how we will call you up to compete.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.