Overland Park Open 2017
- Apr 29, 2017
- Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Aubry Bend Middle School
- 12501 W 175th St, Overland Park, KS 66221
In the cafeteria, please follow the signs
- Tyler Specht
- WCA Delegate
- David Woner
- Registration is $15 for the "core events"(2x2, 3x3, 4x4, and skewb) and $20 for all events
- Competitor limit is 60
- Spectators are free, but try not to have more than 2 or 3
- 3x3 w/ feet is difficult to organize and run, SERIOUS COMPETITORS ONLY PLEASE
- The competitors and timers will be on a stage, which is about 4ft(1m) above the ground
- Please do not wander around the building
- A guest WiFi network will be available to the public for use during the competition
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Christopher Olson won with an average of 8.88 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Justin Barker finished second (11.26) and David Woner finished third (11.50).
|3x3x3 Cube||Christopher Olson||6.89||8.88||United States||6.89||8.87||12.60||9.33||8.45|
|2x2x2 Cube||Christopher Olson||1.66||1.79||United States||1.76||1.73||1.66||2.46||1.89|
|4x4x4 Cube||Christopher Olson||33.64||40.72||United States||42.70||33.64||41.50||37.97||44.58|
|7x7x7 Cube||Christopher Olson||4:13.75||4:25.03||United States||4:37.62||4:23.73||4:13.75|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Will Wooden||2:52.20||DNF||United States||DNF||3:31.31||2:52.20|
|Skewb||John Mackie||4.15||5.22||United States||4.44||5.97||4.15||7.17||5.24|
|Square-1||David Woner||13.35||17.19||United States||18.80||13.35||23.63||17.78||14.99|
|3x3x3 With Feet||David Woner||1:53.48||2:20.06||United States||2:45.01||2:21.69||1:53.48|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 3:00.00|
- There are many hotels in Overland Park
- The KCI Airport is about 50 min. from the venue
- Use the North Parking Lot
WARNING: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED! UNLESS IT OPENS AGAIN, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DONT PAY
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
- Click on the register tab on the left side of the screen. In the comment section please include the name of the person who is paying for your registration.
- Click on the correct payment link below to pay for the competition via Paypal. To complete your registration you MUST pre-pay.
- In 48 hours, if you do NOT see your name on the competitors list (the tab on the left side of the screen thay says "Competitors") then please send an email to email@example.com. Failure to do any of these steps may result in a delay in registration.
For All Events ($20)
For Core Events only(2x2, 3x3, 4x4, & Skewb) ($15)
NOTE: IF YOU ARE DOING SQUARE-1, SPECIFY IN THE REGISTRATION COMMENTS
3x3 With Feet (WF)
3x3 Blindfolded (3BLD)
We would like to thank TheCubicle.us for sponsering this competition. Consider checking them out next time you are ordering a puzzle.
|10-11||2x2 Round 1||WCA Time limits (10:00)|
|11-12||3x3 Round 1||WCA Time Limits (10:00)|
|12-1||Lunch/3BLD||15 min. Combined|
|2:30-3||3x3 Round 2 (Top 24)||Same as above|
|4:45-5||2x2 Finals (Top 12)||Same as above|
|5-5:15||3x3 Finals (Top 12)||Same as above|
- We will have pizza and Chick-Fil-A sandwiches
- 2 slices of pizza and a can of soda or water for $5
A Chick-Fil-A sandwich, chips, and a can of soda or water for $6
There are no restaurants within a close vicinity of the venue.
Please RSVP for lunch so we can get an idea of what we need to order
There will be concessions running all day with candy, snacks, and drinks
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.