The Battle of Lex-side-ton 2023
- Jan 2, 2023
- Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
Jonas Clarke Middle School
- 17 Stedman Rd, Lexington, MA 02421
Enter the building through the lower entrance and follow signs for the gymnasium
- Organization team
- Alex Cohen, Cube New England, and Will Russo
- WCA Delegates
- Alex Cohen, Evan Liu, James Quinn, Lauren Phung, Tim Reynolds, and Will Russo
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
THERE IS NO 3x3 AT THIS COMPETITION
Please note this is a side events only competition and will not be holding 3x3.
Please also note this competition is on Monday, January 2, a federal + school holiday.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Daniel Karnaukh won with an average of 5.91 seconds in the Square-1 event. Christopher Chi finished second (8.00) and Elijah Rain Phelps finished third (8.74).
|6x6x6 Cube||Kevin Hays||1:24.49||1:31.42||United States||1:44.70||1:24.49||1:25.07|
|7x7x7 Cube||Kevin Hays||2:02.42||2:08.30||United States||2:14.37||2:02.42||2:08.12|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Stanley Chapel||15.82||18.60||United States||20.73||19.26||15.82|
|Clock||Joshua Marriott||3.90||5.24||United States||3.90||5.28||5.32||5.12||6.08|
|Megaminx||Alexei Sinyavin||29.35||31.90||United States||33.76||29.73||36.04||32.20||29.35|
|Skewb||Stanley Chapel||1.85||3.36||United States||1.85||5.55||3.07||2.11||4.91|
|Square-1||Daniel Karnaukh||4.80||5.91||United States||6.51||7.78||5.35||5.87||4.80|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||5:00.00||1 attempt to get < 3:30.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||6:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:45.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 15.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 35.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Jonas Clarke Middle School.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Monday (January 02, 2023)
This competition is organized by Cube New England, a group dedicated to growing the speedcubing community in New England, USA.
Want to hear about upcoming competitions and other news?
* Join our mailing list
* Follow us on Facebook
Before You Register
All prospective registrants need a WCA account. New competitors can create their own WCA account by clicking here and entering the required information.
How to Register Online
Prospective competitors register by:
1. Signing into their WCA account;
2. Clicking "Register" on the left side of this webpage, selecting the events they would like to compete in, and submitting their registration;
3. Paying the registration fee of $20.00. (The registration fee is the same regardless of how many events are selected.) Your registration is not complete until you have paid the registration fee.
The competitor limit for this competition is 150. The list of approved competitors can be found by clicking "Competitors" on the left side of this webpage. If there are already 150 competitors on that list, it means the competition is full, and any future registrants will be placed on the waitlist.
Competitors MUST register and pay online in order to compete. No at-the-door registrations or payments will be accepted.
Any requested changes to registration before 11:59 PM EDT on Monday December 19th will be honored. Your registration is not complete until your name shows up on the list.
How to Pay for Registration Online
Payment is processed through Stripe. Click on the "Register" tab on the left side of the webpage to register and pay all in one place! You can start the payment process by clicking "Pay your fees with card."
Approved competitors who cancel their registration before 11:59 PM EDT on Monday December 19th are eligible for a refund for half (50%) of their registration cost. After this date, no refund requests will be honored. Attempting to file a chargeback for the registration fee will lead to being blacklisted from future WCA events.
We will be keeping a waitlist for this competition. To secure a place on the waitlist once 150 competitors have paid, simply pay the registration fee. If a competitor emails us to drop out before 11:59 PM EDT on Monday December 19th, you will be notified if you are the next competitor on the waitlist. After that deadline, all remaining competitors on the waitlist will be emailed letting them know they did not get off the waitlist and will be fully refunded.
As of August, we are not planning on having any COVID-related restrictions, though competitors should feel free to wear a mask if they would prefer to do so. We will continue to monitor the regional COVID situation leading up to the competition date and we reserve the right to make changes to the policies accordingly. Competitors will of course be notified of any potential policy changes before the start of the competition.
Getting to Massachusetts:
* Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) is the closet airport to Lexington. MBTA Silver Line and Blue Line services are accessible from Logan to the rest of Boston and other areas served by the MBTA.
* A number of bus lines (Greyhound, Megabus, etc.) have service to Boston. Consult Google Maps for public transportation from drop off points.
* Amtrak also has service on Acela Express and Northeast Corridor routes to Boston South Station. Connections are available there to the MBTA Red Line.
Driving to Lexington:
* We suggest using Google Maps for directions to Jonas Clarke Middle School (17 Stedman Rd, Lexington, MA 02421). Please park in the large lot adjacent to the School.
Public Transportation to Lexington:
* MBTA 76 Bus offers service to Lexington from the Alewife Red Line Station, however this service is not available on Sundays.
* Taxi or Uber (or other real-time ridesharing services) are also a viable way to get to Jonas Clarke Middle School. Take the MBTA Red Line to Alewife rather than using these services from bus/train stations or airports to avoid excessively high fares.
If you would like to join the volunteer staff, you may apply to do so at this link. Staff members are expected to spend the majority of the day volunteering, and will receive free registration and lunch.
Group assignments can be found here.
Lunch will not be provided to competitors, but there are several restaurants that are a short walk or drive away from the school.
TheCubicle will be providing prizes for the winners!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.