Kendeda Kubing A 2023
- Mar 18, 2023
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- 422 Ferst Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
- Clay Moore, Jeremy Gassman, and Roman Wofford
- WCA Delegates
- Clay Moore, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, and Roman Wofford
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is a series competition with Kendeda Kubing B 2023.
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
This competition is part of the Kendeda Kubing 2023 Competition Series. Other competitions in this Series are:
There is a competitor limit of 70 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $18 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 90% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
We encourage everyone to register for the events they want to compete in via your online registration, however you may add events to your registration up until the event has started.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to incorrect information when registering. In these cases the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided. After 24 hours without a response, the registration will not be accepted until the information is clarified.
This competition is part of the Kendeda Kubing 2023 Series. Competitors may only compete in 1 competition in a given series. Competitors may have an approved registration for only 1 competition in the series. If a competitor tries to register for both competitions in the series, we will only accept the registration which was paid for first and then delete the second one.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus processing fees.
We ask that competitors bring no more than 2 guests to this competiton. All guests must accompany a competitor. There is no fee for guest entry.
Staff members will have a refunded registration fee. All Staff members must pay the registration fee in order to be considered registered.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Matias Marcantoni-Nunez won with an average of 9.97 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Sean Skinner finished second (10.40) and Leo Giacobone finished third (10.69).
|3x3x3 Cube||Matias Marcantoni-Nunez||8.59||9.97||United States||12.57||9.60||8.59||11.46||8.86|
|2x2x2 Cube||Matias Marcantoni-Nunez||2.46||2.91||United States||3.52||2.51||3.56||2.71||2.46|
|4x4x4 Cube||Leo Giacobone||36.37||43.42||United States||46.04||36.37||42.75||44.90||42.62|
|Pyraminx||Daniel York||3.86||5.21||United States||8.24||4.22||3.93||3.86||7.47|
|Skewb||Nathan Smith||3.66||4.62||United States||6.11||3.66||4.83||3.83||5.20|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:30.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (March 18, 2023)
This competition is part of the Kendeda Kubing 2023 Series.
|Kendeda Kubing A 2023||March 18||Atlanta, GA||3x3, 2x2, 4x4, Pyraminx, Skewb|
|Kendeda Kubing B 2023||March 19||Atlanta, GA||3x3, 5x5, OH, Clock, SQ-1, Megaminx|
Competitors may only compete in one competition in a given series. Competitors may only have an approved registration for one competition in the series. If a competitor tries to register for both competitions in the series, we will only accept the registration which was paid for first and then delete the second one.
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Ask your Delegates if you have any questions throughout the day!
- We ask that competitors bring no more than 2 guests to this competiton. All guests must accompany a competitor. There is no fee for guest entry.
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction. If you won't be there then please ask a staff member whenever you arrive to give you a rundown of how the competing process will work.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
The Kendeda Kubing Series is hosted within the Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design on the campus of Georgia Tech. The Kendeda Building "is the first building in Georgia and 28th in the world to earn Living Building Challenge (LBC) certification, the world’s most ambitious and holistic green building achievement." You can read more about the significance of the building here.
Image Credit: Jonathan Hillyer
Parking passes can be purchased on-site through Georgia Tech's parking service, PTS, for $15 (good for the entire weekend).The closest visitor parking lots to the Kendeda building are Areas 4 and 5 as shown on the map below!
TheCubicle is sponsoring this competition and will be providing prizes for the podiums and gift certificates to all first-time competitiors!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.