Happy Valley Spring 2022
- Mar 26, 2022
- State College, Pennsylvania, United States
- 111 Paquerilla Spiritual Center/Eisenhower Chapel University Park, PA 16802
Frizzell Room - basement level
- Organization team
- Adam Vetser and Stephen Griggs
- WCA Delegates
- Corey Sakowski, Keaton Ellis, and Stephen Griggs
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Competitors may bring at most one guest. This will be checked at the entrance of the competition. No external spectators are allowed, only those coming with a confirmed competitor will be allowed in the venue.
In accordance with University policy all competitors 17 years of age and younger MUST have their legal guardian accompanying them to this competition.
All attendees (competitors + guests) must show valid proof that they tested negative for COVID-19 within 96 hours (4 days) of the competition to be allowed inside the venue. The date when the test is conducted is what matters, not the date when the results are received. Any test conducted earlier than Tuesday, March 22nd is insufficient for entrance to the competition.
- Competitors may bring at most one guest. No external spectators are allowed, only those coming with a confirmed competitor will be allowed in the venue.
- Masks are are required at all times and will be provided for all attendees along with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Attendees should maintain a minimum of 3ft from others whenever possible.
- The organizing team strongly recommends receiving a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. do not attend this competition.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, do not attend.
- Competitors are strongly encouraged to bring their own pen for the duration of the competition.
- The competition may be cancelled if the COVID-19 situation in Pennsylvania and/or the US gets worse.
- By registering for this competition, you agree that you understand all the information presented in this tab, will abide by all the COVID-19 restrictions placed on this competition, and acknowledge the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other disease in attending an event of this scale.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 50 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $16 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators are only permitted as companions of competitors.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Carson Widjaja||6.08||6.95||United States||7.45||6.58||7.32||6.96||6.08|
|4x4x4 Cube||Christopher Sun||24.31||27.76||United States||25.32||30.63||29.31||28.66||24.31|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Richard Jiankun Peng (彭健坤)||10.90||12.52||China||12.81||17.95||12.65||12.09||10.90|
|Pyraminx||Michael Nielsen||1.82||2.41||United States||1.82||2.31||2.00||3.95||2.92|
|Square-1||Carson Widjaja||9.15||10.55||United States||9.15||11.53||12.74||10.51||9.60|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:20.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Pasquerilla Spiritual Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (March 26, 2022)
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING
For First-Time Competitors
In addition, please read this document before coming to the competition.
For All Competitors
When you arrive, you will receive a card with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event. In addition, you will also have judging/scrambling assignments on your card. Every competitor is expected to help out during the event(s) they are registered for. The card will look like the following:
If you do not arrive to help during your scheduled event, and there are not enough staff members, we reserve the right to disqualify you from competing.
Pasquerilla Spiritual Center
111 Pasquerilla Spiritual Center/Eisenhower Chapel
University Park, PA 16802
Driving: The Spiritual Center is located right in the heart of the Penn State Campus on the corner of Allen and Curtin road. See here for more detailed driving directions.
Plane: The closest airport is the University Park Airport (SCE). It is a 10 minute drive away by car.
* The State College Megabus stop is located just up the road at the Walmart on Atherton Street. (About a 5 minute drive away from the venue) See here for more information.
* The State College Greyhound station is located a little closer to the venue. (About a 4 minute drive or a 15 minute walk). See here for more information.
Parking: There are many parking options nearby. The recommended place to park is the Nittany Parking Deck. See here for more information.
Hotels: There are several hotels nearby on Beaver Ave and Atherton Street.
Groups will be posted the week before the competition and sent via email as well.
Live results can be found on WCA Live
If there is enough interest in holding Face Turning Octahedron (FTO) as an unofficial event, we will do that during the lunch period.
- Extra Events will be held with the help of Extra Events.
- Extra Events rules are available at the EE Reguations page
- You MUST be a registered competitor in the official WCA competition to compete in FTO.
- Participation in FTO is free
- Registration for FTO is done here.
- Schedule for extra events is in basic schedule
Time permitting, cap flipping will be held before finals as an unofficial event.
-Competitors may use any 6 3x3 center caps for cap flipping
-Competitiors start with all centercaps face down in the arranegment of their choosing
-Competitors must flip all 6 center caps over. A +2 penalty will be assessed for every center cap on its side and not fully flipped. A DNF will result from failing to flip any center cap.
Thank you to The Cubicle for providing prizes!
Thank you to Daniel Goodman for sponsorsing cap flipping!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.