Gravitas Cube Open 2018
- Oct 13 - 14, 2018
- Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
- SJT, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632014, India
SJT412 (Silver Jubilee Tower)
- Organization team
- Sehajpreet Singh
- WCA Delegate
- Daniel James
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- Participant should be present in the competition hall atleast 15 minutes before the start of the event. The registration procedures of the fest might take some time, so plan accordingly.
- Late comers won't be allowed in any case.
- Participation limit is 130. Registration closes when registration count reaches 130.
- Click here to register.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 130 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₹200 (Indian Rupee).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Participation fee (for participating): 200 INR
Fee per category: 50 INR
So if you are participating in 3 events, fees will be 200 + (3x50) = 350.
Steps to register
1. After registering on the WCA Website, open the Gravitaas website (LINK) and select the event 'Gravitas Cube Open 2018'.
2. Click register and select 'Non VITians' option to register in VIT website.
3. After clicking on non-vitians, in the next page of the form you need to fill all your details required for external participant to register and click on register. You can find a sample here. (Even if you're not a faculty or student, you can register as a student and you can give some random data if the field is not applicable to you, e.g., 'Department name').
4. All the details that you filled will be displayed and it will ask you whether to confirm your registration or not. (SAMPLE)
5. A message displaying that your registration is confirmed will be shown. (SAMPLE)
6. After registering for the fest, you need to login in order to register for the event you want to participate in so you should enter your e-mail id and password in order to login. (SAMPLE)
7. All the categories of the events will be mentioned from which you need to choose technical events to register for Gravitas Cube Open. (SAMPLE)
8. After choosing technical option as the option, all the events under technical section will be visible from where you can click on register option in order to register for Gravitas Cube Open. (SAMPLE)
9. After this, “your event has been successfully registered” will be displayed on the screen with the list of all other events you can register. (SAMPLE)
10. After registering for the event, you can view you pending payment in the payments option and complete your participation fee alone (200 INR) from there. (SAMPLE)
12. On the competition day, you can pay the rest of the fee (50 x number of events) at the registration desk of VIT. Make sure you reach atleast 30-45 minutes before your event for the registration as it will take a lot of time at the registration counter due to many formalities.
NOTE: All the steps are mandatory for registration, you won't be able to participate without completing all the steps.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Vaishnav Nitesh won with an average of 12.78 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Madhava Rajan finished second (12.83) and Nitheesh Kumar Elangovan finished third (13.13).
|3x3x3 Cube||Vaishnav Nitesh||10.24||12.78||India||11.28||15.68||16.64||10.24||11.39|
|2x2x2 Cube||Emmanuel Rajapandian||2.66||3.17||India||3.36||2.96||2.66||3.51||3.19|
|4x4x4 Cube||Pritesh Lunkad||44.60||48.58||India||50.43||51.29||48.15||47.16||44.60|
|5x5x5 Cube||Pritesh Lunkad||1:31.64||1:35.79||India||1:31.64||1:31.77||1:42.24||1:45.72||1:33.37|
|6x6x6 Cube||Sujai Shakthivel||3:07.64||3:19.47||India||3:07.64||3:33.71||3:17.07|
|7x7x7 Cube||Sujai Shakthivel||5:01.23||5:10.27||India||5:25.10||5:04.48||5:01.23|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Vishwanath Jeyaraman||44.44||DNF||India||DNF||44.44||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Nitheesh Kumar Elangovan||14.30||17.99||India||17.85||19.38||16.89||14.30||19.24|
|Clock||Lakshmi Sai Srivatsa||10.50||11.49||India||10.50||DNF||11.62||11.48||11.36|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Anirudh Sureshram||15:47.00||DNF||India||DNF||15:47.00||DNF|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Daniel James||50.41||1:02.14||India||1:08.47||1:00.67||1:12.85||50.41||57.29|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:45.00||Top 5 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 8:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:15.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||45:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue VIT University.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Kolkata.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (October 13, 2018)
Schedule for Sunday (October 14, 2018)
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
Of course, those regulations contain a lot of legalese, so we have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the 'Registration & Payment' tab and it will guide you to the registration.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about upcoming rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: I want to attend, or I have friends/family who want to attend, but not compete. Do they need to pay as well?
A: No. All spectators are free to view the competition at no cost. There is payment only to compete. But in some cases, venue will be having restriction to allow spectators depending on the competition.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
If you have any further queries, please do mail the organizers & delegates.
Nearest railway station - Katpadi Junction (KPD)
It's 2.5 km from the venue. You can take bus number 1 and 2 and get down at chittoor local bus stop take an auto.
Nearest major bus stop - Vellore New Bus stand
It's 7 km from the venue. You can take bus number 1 and 2 and get down at chittoor local bus stop take an auto.
Nearest airport - Chennai airport
If you are looking for accommodation during the event, VIT can provide you with accommodation if you want. Kindly note the following points:
- You will be provided with accommodation in non-AC hostel dorms along with 30 people in each dorm.
- Mattress, pillows and bucket will be given for your convenience.
- The accomodation will cost you ₹150/- per 24 hours with a buffer of 3 hours.
Please follow the link given for further details: http://www.vit.ac.in/files/gravitas18/accomodation.html
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.