GA Cubers Return B 2021
- Jul 11, 2021
- Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States
- 5909 Glenridge Dr, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
- Jacob Ambrose and Katie Hull
- WCA Delegates
- Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, and Stephen Griggs
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is outdoors, please dress appropriately for the weather.
Due to COVID, we will be restricting the people in the pavilion to only competitors; all spectators and guests must remain outside the pavilion for the duration of the competition. We recommend bringing a fold up chair to sit in outside of the pavilion, this will also help with social distancing.
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the covid precautions tab for information regarding steps taken to increase the competitor safety at this competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 20 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
This competition is a twin competition with GA Cubers Return A 2021. This means that you are only allowed to registered for one of these two competitions.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
- If you registered for both this competition and GA Cubers Return A 2021, you will recieve an email asking to choose which one
A registration is not considered complete if it is deferred. This may cause you to not be registered before the competitor limit is reached or may cause you to have a lower place on the waiting list.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
Due to Covid-19 we are limiting 1 guest per competitor. If you are able to attend by yourself (older than 16 years old), we recommend not having guests.
Due to Covid-19 we will not be accepting event changes during the competition. If you wish to change which events you are registered for, please contact the organization team prior to Friday, July 2, 2021, 7:00 PM EST.
Staff members will not have a waived registration fee. All competitors participating must pay the registration fee.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Kerry Creech won with an average of 7.58 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Ari Randers-Pehrson finished second (8.73) and Katie Hull finished third (8.82).
North American records: Kerry Creech Clock 4.62 (average).
|3x3x3 Cube||Kerry Creech||7.15||7.58||United States||7.89||7.15||7.96||7.18||7.66|
|4x4x4 Cube||Ari Randers-Pehrson||25.26||25.76||United States||25.34||25.26||26.24||27.31||25.70|
|5x5x5 Cube||Ari Randers-Pehrson||52.38||58.70||United States||59.41||58.05||58.63||52.38||1:06.49|
|Clock||Kerry Creech||4.09||4.62||NAR||United States||4.09||4.38||5.17||4.50||4.99|
|Pyraminx||Kerry Creech||1.15||2.15||United States||1.15||2.07||2.08||2.30||2.30|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Hammond Park.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Sunday (July 11, 2021)
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- Your delegates for this competition are Jacob Ambrose and Katie Hull. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 8:00am.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into WCA Live (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order. Please be familiar with which group you are in and bring your cube up when called. We will not be able to allow you to compete if you miss a group due to Covid precautions.
5909 Glenridge Dr
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
The competition will be held in the large pavilion. On google maps, the pavilion located above the white circle building 6005.
This competition is a twin competition with GA Cubers Return A 2021.
According to the Competition Requirements Policy this means that:
- Competitors may only compete at 1 of the 2 competitions.
- Any person who registers for both competitions will have their registration be deferred. This may cause you to not be registered before the competitor limit is reached or may cause you to have a lower place on the waiting list.
There's a couple of measures that we will be taking for Covid-safety:
- This competition is a twin competition to help limit the number of people in attendance. Please see the twin competition tab for more information.
- We will provide hand sanitizer, masks, and disinfecting wipes available to everyone in attendance.
- We strongly recommend that participants and guests wear a mask.
- This competition is outside.
- Spectators and Guests will not be allowed in the pavilion. Only competitors for the competition will be allowed under it.
- We recommend that guests and participants bring a fold up chair if possible. We can sit around the pavilion to make room for the competition and competitors wishing to use the extra tables. This will also help with social distancing.
- We ask that any attendee showing symptoms of Covid-19 to stay at home.
- During competiting, a competitor will remain in their 1 seat during the entire group to minimize the amount of interactions. There will be no competitor waiting area.
Face-Turning Octahedron (FTO) will be held as an unofficial event at this competition. This means that results will not be recorded in WCA's rankings. However, the organization team will have the results posted on a competition tab after the competition, as well as on Extra Events.
Face-Turning Octahedron (FTO) Combined Final
|1||Aedan Bryant||18.58||19.80||2017BRYA06||United States||19.20||(18.58)||20.46||(21.03)||19.75|
|2||Katie Hull||19.16||21.17||2010HULL01||United States||19.32||20.28||(26.53)||23.92||(19.16)|
|3||Vishwa Sankar||26.58||30.94||2017SANK04||United States||32.19||(38.00)||31.11||(26.58)||29.53|
|4||Stephen Griggs||55.14||1:03.61||2014GRIG01||United States||1:05.36||1:01.94||1:03.54||(1:19.39)||(55.14)|
|5||Dalton Padgett||55.59||1:03.99||2015PADG01||United States||1:03.57||1:00.78||1:07.63||(55.59)||(1:08.72)|
This event is tentative and will only be held if time permits at the competition.
Format: Average of 5 (with a Best of 2 cutoff)
Time Limit: 6:00
Registration for Event:
Competitors who are officially registered for the competition's official events may compete in FTO. Registration will take place at: https://extraevents.org/competitions/GACubersReturnB2021
This compeititon is sponsored by theCubicle! They will provide gift card codes to the podium!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.