Daksh Cube Open 2019
- Feb 23 - 24, 2019
- Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
Saastra Deemed to be University
- SASTRA Deemed to Be University, Thirumalaisamudram, Tamil Nadu 613401
TIFAC Core Auditorium
- Organization team
- Chennai Cubing Club, Rahul Venkatesan, and Ram Kumar
- WCA Delegate
- Daniel James
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- We won't be allowing late entry in the competition under any exceptions. Make sure you will be available at the venue when your name is called.
- Make sure you carry a valid ID when you enter the venue.
- Make sure you go through all the WCA regulations.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₹250 (Indian Rupee).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
On the spot registrations will be accepted with a base registration fee of ₹300 (Indian Rupee).
The fee structure is Rs 200 + 50(no. of events).
For example, to participate in 3 events, you must pay, Rs 200 + 50(3) = Rs 350.
The OTS registration fee will be ₹50 (Indian Rupee) more than the online registration fee
Steps to complete registration
Step 1 - Register here by selecting the events you want to participate in.
Step 2 - Pay the registration fee through Google Pay (Tez) to the number - 8610650960 (CubeFreak007). Please mention your full name and the name of the competition (DCO'19 is enough) in the description of the payment. Once your payment is received, your registration will be accepted within a day.
1. If you fail to do online payment before registration closes, you have to do on-the-spot registration to participate in the competition.
2. You can't change the events once the registration closes.
3. The registration fee is non-refundable.
4. There is no on-spot registration. All participants must pay online.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Vijay Kishore||8.17||9.21||India||12.02||9.29||8.17||9.01||9.32|
|2x2x2 Cube||Saravanan Gowthaman||2.77||3.52||India||2.84||3.12||4.61||DNF||2.77|
|4x4x4 Cube||Saravanan Gowthaman||32.31||34.12||India||49.34||32.38||35.28||32.31||34.71|
|5x5x5 Cube||Saravanan Gowthaman||1:00.82||1:10.64||India||1:00.82||1:07.59||1:08.92||1:15.40||1:18.96|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Anirudh Sureshram||1:17.79||DNF||India||1:17.79||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Kunaal Parekh||13.39||14.03||India||14.28||13.64||14.76||13.39||14.18|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Adithyaa Anand||30.00||33.50||India||54.00||34.92||30.00||35.12||30.45|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:45.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|3x3x3 With Feet||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Sastra Deemed to be University.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Kolkata.
Schedule for Saturday (February 23, 2019)
Schedule for Sunday (February 24, 2019)
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
Of course, those regulations contain a lot of legalese, so we have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the 'Registration & Payment' tab and it will guide you to the registration.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about upcoming rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: I want to attend, or I have friends/family who want to attend, but not compete. Do they need to pay as well?
A: No. All spectators are free to view the competition at no cost. There is payment only to compete. But in some cases, venue will be having restriction to allow spectators depending on the competition.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
If you have any further queries, please do mail the organizers & delegates.
1. The venue is 41.2 kms from Tiruchirappalli(Trichy), and 17.8 kms from Thanjavur.
2. Frequent bus service is available from both the cities. It'll approximately take an hour from Trichy Central Bus Stand and around 15 minutes from Thanjavur New Bus Stand.
3. The nearest airport is Trichy Airport.
1. If you need accommodation at the venue, contact - Ram Kumar : +91 8056181095
2. If you wish, there are many Hotels and Lodges available in the above mentioned cities in various price ranges. (Note - Thanjavur is a smaller city compared to Trichy, so if you're looking for more luxury in a hotel go for one in Tiruchirappalli)
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.