DFW Cubing Fiesta June 2018
- Jun 30, 2018
- Fort Worth, Texas, United States
- 1201 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
The competition will take place in conference rooms 121 A & B.
- Jae Park, Jeff Park, Mahith Bandi, and Pranav Veera
- WCA Delegates
- Angelo Zhang and Zachary White
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 125 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
- Click on the Register tab on the left side of the screen.
- Select which events you would like to compete in and pay the registration fee. To complete your registration you MUST pre-pay.
- In 48 hours, if you do NOT see your name on the competitors list (the tab on the left side of the screen thay says "Competitors") then please send an email to the contact on the General Info tab. Failure to do any of these steps may result in a delay in registration.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Dylan Miller won with an average of 7.96 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Jeff Park finished second (8.80) and Mahith Bandi finished third (9.27).
|3x3x3 Cube||Dylan Miller||7.26||7.96||United States||7.70||7.26||11.92||7.57||8.60|
|2x2x2 Cube||Dylan Miller||2.21||3.28||United States||3.46||2.21||3.20||3.44||3.21|
|4x4x4 Cube||Dylan Miller||31.51||35.69||United States||36.26||35.69||31.51||35.11||43.41|
|5x5x5 Cube||Mahith Bandi||1:00.04||1:02.33||United States||1:00.04||1:02.51||1:03.87||1:00.60||1:03.87|
|7x7x7 Cube||Zachary White||2:40.77||2:50.01||United States||2:40.77||2:58.46||2:50.81|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Jeff Park||20.75||DNF||United States||22.20||DNF||20.75|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Dylan Miller||11.09||13.69||United States||16.28||12.74||14.09||14.23||11.09|
|Pyraminx||CJ York||3.92||4.70||United States||4.34||5.34||3.92||4.42||7.50|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Timothy Goh||2:19.43||DNF||United States||2:19.43||DNF||DNF|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Timothy Goh||6:19.22||DNF||United States||DNF||DNF||6:19.22|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Semi Final||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Mo3||8:00.00||2 attempts to get < 5:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Pyraminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:15:00.00 cumulative *|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:15:00.00 cumulative *|
^ Links to come.
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 8:50am.
- Please bring some form of identification. This will be used to verify your name, birthday, and nationality. (something like a passport or school ID).
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. On the Group Sheet, you may notice that you have a group as well as a Judging(J), Running(R), Scrambling(S), or Data(D) assignment. If this is the case, then the group you are competing in will have no letter next to it. The Group that you are working will have the letter next to it (i.e. 2J would mean you are judging in Group 2). Please either judge or find someone to take your judging place when you are scheduled to judge. If all the judging stations are full, then don't worry, come help out a little later. You may see that you may have a job in an event that you are not competing in. Please try to help out as much as possible, especially during these times!
- Shortly following the new competitor introduction at 8:50am, we will also hold a judging tutorial at this time. All competitors should attend this tutorial. If you are a parent and would like to be entertained for the duration of the day, judging would be a great option for you!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates for this competition are Zachary White and Angelo Zhang. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
Conference room 121 A & B is close to the entrace @ 9th street.
You can check the floor plan & conference room location in the link below:
Street parking is free over the weekend but first come first served basis. You can also use public parking garage near by (paid parking, not free).
Lunch: & Hotels:
Fortworth Convention Center is conveniently located in the middle of Fortworth downtown. Many restaurants & hotels are located within walking distance.
DFW Airport or Dallas Love Field Airport
|Event||Format||Round||Cutoff Time||Time Limit||Competitors|
|3x3x3 Cube||Ao5||Round 1||10:00|
|Round 2||10:00||Top 50|
|Round 3||10:00||Top 24|
|2x2x2 Cube||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Final||0:20||1:00|
|4x4x4 Cube||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Final||1:15||2:00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Bo2 / Ao5||Round 1||2:00||3:00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Bo1 / Mo3||Combined Final||5:00||8:00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Bo3||Round1||10:00 Cumulative|
|Final||10:00 Cumulative||Top 8|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Bo2/Ao5||Combined Final||0:45||1:00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Bo3||Final||75:00 Cumulative**|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Bo3||Final||75:00 Cumulative**|
** The competitor may choose either 4BLD, 5BLD or both within cumulative 75min.
Format- Ao5 = Average of 5 (where the best and worst solves are not counted in the average), Mo3 = Mean of 3, Bo3 = Best of 3, Bo2 = Best of 2, Bo1 = Best of 1
Cutoff- Rounds with a cutoff will have an additional best of 2 (best of 1 for 6x6 and 7x7) format where competitors will have 2 attempts to achieve a time under the cutoff. If the competitor does then they will be awarded more attempts to complete the average.
Cumulative Limit(C)- The total time allowed for all attempts combined.
Time Limit - Any attempt in the round exceeding this time will be awarded a DNF. For "WCA" Time limits, it is dependent on the regulations for that event.
The Number of Competitors moving on to the subsequent rounds may change based on if the competition is ahead or behind schedule.
|8:15 - 8:50||3BLD Round 1|
|8:50 - 9:05||New competitor Introduction|
|9:05 - 10:15||2x2x2 Combined Final|
|10:15 - 11:45||3x3x3 Round 1|
|11:45 - 12:45||5x5x5 Round 1|
|12:45 - 1:15||Lunch|
|1:15 - 2:30||4BLD / 5BLD**|
|2:30 - 3:25||Pyraminx Combined Final|
|3:25 - 4:15||3x3x3 Round 2|
|4:15 - 5:15||4x4x4 Combined Final|
|5:15 - 6:00||7x7x7 Combined Final|
|6:00 - 6:50||3x3x3 One Hand Combined Final|
|6:50 - 7:20||Dinner|
|7:20 - 8:00||3x3x3 Round 3|
|8:00 - 8:20||5x5x5 Final|
|8:20 - 8:40||3BLD Final|
|8:40 - 8:45||Setup for 3x3x3 Final|
|8:45 - 9:15||3x3x3 Final|
|9:15 - 9:30||Awards/Clean-Up|
All times are tentative and subject to change if we are ahead or behind schedule.
We may add rounds of events if we run far ahead of schedule.
** The competitor may choose either 4BLD, 5BLD or both within cumulative 75min
Cubedepot will be sponsoring this competition and will be providing prizes! There will be also local vending by Cubedepot at the site!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.