Cubing Returns Pune 2022
- Jun 12, 2022
- Pune, Maharashtra, India
MES's Senior College
- 131, Mayur Colony, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038
Auditorium, Ground Floor
- Organization team
- Aditya Reddy, MES Senior College, and Mitali Bobdey
- WCA Delegate
- Somya Srivastava
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Participants have to bring their own cube for the event.
Check out all the other Tabs for more detailed information.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 125 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₹400 (Indian Rupee).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Pay according to the procedure mentioned in the https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/CubingReturnsPune2022#18811-registrations-payments
1. It is mandatory to pay the registration fees & register on WCA to complete the full registration process.
2. Wait for 48 hours to get your registration confirmed after payment has been done.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Shubham Maharana won with an average of 8.81 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Nikhil Soares finished second (8.85) and Naren Ramesh finished third (9.16).
|3x3x3 Cube||Shubham Maharana||7.43||8.81||India||9.56||7.85||9.02||7.43||10.05|
|2x2x2 Cube||Ram Thakkar||1.65||2.21||India||4.31||2.29||1.86||2.49||1.65|
|4x4x4 Cube||Kunal Oak||30.37||33.06||India||31.58||33.73||30.37||34.88||33.86|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Mohammed Aiman Koli||27.00||29.11||India||27.00||28.80||31.52|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Harsh Arvind Shelwatkar||12.69||13.67||India||19.74||12.69||14.16||14.16||12.69|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue MES's Senior College.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Kolkata.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Sunday (June 12, 2022)
Registration Guidelines for First time participants
Step 1 - Sign-up on WCA.
Step 2 - Register for the competition by browsing to the Cubing Returns Pune 2022 WCA page and clicking on the registration tab on the left hand side of the page.
You can select the events in which you want to participate in this tab and hit on Register.
Make sure you select the exact number of events for which you have made payment.
Step 3 - Pay according to the fees slabs mentioned below.
Step 1 - Sign-in using your email that you used for your previous competitions.
Step 2 - Register for the competition by browsing to the Cubing Returns Pune 2022 WCA page and clicking on the registration tab on the left hand side of the page. Make sure you select the exact number of events for which you have made payment.
Step 3 - Pay according to the fees slabs mentioned below.
There won't be any On the spot registrations.
[Payment link ] https://www.cubelelo.com/products/pune-un-scrambled-22?_pos=1&_sid=65ff694d1&_ss=r
Please do the payment of each participant separately.
1) It is mandatory to pay the registration fees and also register on WCA to complete the full registration process.
2) It may take a day or 2 for your name to reflect on competitors list on WCA.
Have in mind that these safety measures will be in place during this competition:
We will be requiring proof of a negative COVID-19 RTPCR test within 72 hours before the start of competition or proof of full vaccination (two doses) to enter the competition.
- Each competitor may bring at most one (1) guest. If you can come alone, that would be even better!
- Competitor MUST NOT attend this competition if he has any COVID-19 symptoms or if has been in contact with someone that is COVID-19 possitive.
- Competitor MUST wear a face mask during the entire competition. The only exception will be during lunch break.
- Please avoid sharing puzzles with others and avoid any unnecessary contact with non-family members.
- It is recommended that the competitor brings his own pen to the competition.
- After every attempt, rather than the judge putting the puzzle in the cover, the competitor is asked to put the cube into the cover at the end of the attempt.
- During this competition, we will be doing each round stationary. When your group is called, you will pick a solving station and will stay there until you have completed all of your official solves for that event.
- After each use of a solving station, the timer and mat will be disinfected for the next competitior.
- There will be no competitor waiting area.
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
We have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know, however this is not a substitute fo reading the regulations!:
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the 'Registration & Payment' tab and it will guide you to the registration.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 8 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube! In previous competitions participants who were just 5 years of age also solved the cubes.
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to live.worldcubeassocation.org to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about upcoming rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: I want to attend, or I have friends/family who want to attend, but not compete. Do they need to pay as well?
A: No. All spectators are free to view the competition at no cost. There is payment only to compete. But in some cases, venue will be having restriction to allow spectators depending on the competition.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
If you have any further queries, please do mail the organizers & delegates.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.