Blue Ridge Mountains 2020
- Feb 29 - Mar 1, 2020
- Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
- Hendersonville, NC
Address will be sent out via email once registration closes
- Dalton Padgett
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This is not a normal competition. No 3x3x3 cube speedsolve event will occur.
Please always include your name and competition name in any email that you send to us.
All competitors must read the "Competitor Information" tab prior to registering.
Please read all tabs prior to the competition and regularly check your email for updates from us. All contact will be made by email.
The main event is 7x7x7 cube.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 20 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
- To register for this competition, you must pay in full in advance through Stripe. Your registration is not complete until you pay.
- To cancel your registration, please email the organizers with your name telling them you want to cancel your registration. If you are having trouble paying on the website or any other registration problems, please use the contact button to talk to us.
- After the competition reaches 20 competitors, a waitlist will be created. You must pay to be placed on the waitlist. If you are at the top of the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, you will receive an email from the organizers. You must confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot.
- After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
- If the competition reaches its competitor limit and when registration closes, no additional registrations will be accepted. No exceptions.
-All competitors need to pay including staff-
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|5x5x5 Cube||Katie Hull||53.64||57.15||United States||53.64||58.37||58.24||57.57||55.65|
|6x6x6 Cube||Zachary White||1:34.91||1:38.92||United States||1:39.51||1:42.35||1:34.91|
|7x7x7 Cube||Zachary White||2:26.60||2:34.19||United States||2:28.69||2:47.29||2:26.60|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Zachary Ochs||22||22.67||United States||23||23||22|
|Clock||Kerry Creech||4.99||5.37||United States||5.14||5.50||5.48||6.13||4.99|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 5:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Mo3||45:00.00 total for 6x6x6 Cube First round and 7x7x7 Cube First round **||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Mo3||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Mo3||45:00.00 total for 6x6x6 Cube First round and 7x7x7 Cube First round **||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Mo3||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Private Residence.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (February 29, 2020)
Schedule for Sunday (March 01, 2020)
Room Details: The exact address of the cabin will be sent out via email when registration closes. Make sure you check your email!
- This is not a normal competition. No regular 3x3x3 cube speedsolve will occur. First time competitors are allowed, however we recommend going to a more normal competition as your first one. We will be hosting a more "regular" competition in the western part of NC soon.
- Once the competing portion of the competition ends, those not sleeping at the venue will be asked to leave.
- You are expected to be familiar with the WCA Regulations and Guidelines. Article A is most important for speedsolving events and Article E outlines the Fewest Moves Event.
- You are expected to help judge. This is a small competition, so it will be all hands on deck to run it.
- If you want a refresher on how to compete or judge you can read the WCA Competition Tutorial.
- Flash photography is NOT allowed in the venue as it is very distracting
- You must NOT talk about scrambles or what specific algorithm(s) you did while the event is still in progress. This is considered cheating and grounds for disqualification (Regulation 2g3)
- We may use regulation 9p3 for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- Make sure all screens of any cameras or phones you have on the table are facing away from you and do not touch them during the attempt, otherwise this will result in a DNF (Regulation 2i2). Electronic/bluetooth cubes (ex. Giiker cube, GOcube, GAN356i) are not permitted under the same regulation.
- Please treat the venue with respect, pick up any trash, and leave the venue better than how you found it. We are not responsible for your belongings or puzzles. Keep track of your own belongings/puzzles and be respectful of others.
- You can find live results for the competition on WCA Live. A few days after the competition the results will be uploaded to WCA officially.
- We reserve the right to alter the schedule in any way. We may alter the number of competitors proceeding to the next round. We may change cutoffs or timelimits. We may eliminate a round altogether. This all depends on if we run ahead or behind of the planned schedule.
- Your delegates for this competition are Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
Live results can be found on WCA Live.
We will not be using CubeComps.
Results from the competition will be submitted and uploaded officially to WCA within a week after the competition.
Once 20 people have registered and paid, the waitlist will form.
- Anyone who registers and pays will be put on the waitlist in order of who paid first.
- If someone drops out of the competition, the first person on the waitlist will be sent an email (using the email address you provided as part of your WCA account). You must respond to that email within 24 hours to claim your spot. After 24 hours your registration will be deleted and the next person on the waitlist will be offered the spot.
- After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus the stripe processing fee.
- If at any point you want to cancel your registration please email the organizers: Blue Ridge Mountains Organizers
- No exceptions will be made to this policy
If you would like to be added to a mailing list to be notified about future North Carolina competitions, please fill out this form.
Anyone can join the mailing list, we encourage parents/guardians to join as well. This mailing list is run by local Delegates and therefore is not official.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.